We are open the following days of the week:
Mon 6:30-8:30 pm
Wed 12:00-2:00 pm
Fri 9:30-11:30 am
You can get food at the Gloucester Emergency Food Cupboard if you live in North Gloucester, Pineview and West Orleans.
You may receive approximately a 4 day supply of emergency food in a Crisis Situation, normally once a month. You must come to the food cupboard at one of the times we are open.
We cannot deliver food to clients!
Please Bring: Identification for everyone who needs food and proof of your address. Some acceptable types of identification are: recent driver’s license, bills, direct deposit slips and drug or dental cards.
Come for fresh, healthy, affordable fruits, vegetables and dry goods. At the same time enjoy free refreshments, browse the book exchange table and check out the children’s activities!
We will be closed for food distribution on Monday, Oct. 13, 2014!
Alice is a single mom with two children. She found herself laid off from her job, so returned to school to train for another career. During her studies, she worked a part-time job and also had a student loan, but found it very difficult to pay all of her bills and clothe and feed her family. She was able to come to get food to feed her family until she completed her course of study. She is now looking for full-time employment and is very hopeful that, one day, she will be a donor to the Food Cupboard. Her financial responsibilities have been overwhelming and being able to come for food has helped to ease her financial burden.
- We continue to accept donations as listed, on our ‘Donate’ page
- Cash and money donations are used to purchase milk, eggs, school snacks, cereal, pasta and canned goods for distribution.
- Your food donations are checked, sorted and put on the shelves for distribution for those in need.
- We are set up so that clients can choose, using a point system, the items that they prefer from each of the food categories. We feel it is important to maintain the ability to make individual choices.
- We have perishable items available, fresh produce (fruits and vegetables), milk, eggs, sliced cheese, every time we distribute food. We use donated monies to purchase the milk eggs and cheese.
- Any food items that don’t fit into categories as listed in Canada’s Food Guide, are made available for clients in the ‘Food Extras’ section, and do not take any points away from the other food groups.
- Thank you to all of the individuals and groups that donate to us and support us on a regular basis. We appreciate the regular and continued support and value every donation that is made!
- Interested in knowing more? Call 613-749-4728, anytime, to arrange a tour or have your questions answered.
Would you like to hold a food drive on our behalf? Click here to find out more : How to do a Food Drive?