The Gloucester Emergency Food Cupboard (GEFC) could never meet the needs of the hungry in our community without the help of those who so generously donate their time every week. Volunteer contributions are wide ranging and include:
We also have people who volunteer for shorter periods of time or who make their contributions off site. For example, some deliver letters door to door during our fundraising campaigns, while others organize food drives on our behalf.
We maintain an active waiting list for volunteers who are interested in becoming involved. If you would like your name added to our list please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-749-4728
Just Follow These 7 Steps
1) Find the right place and time for the event.
2) Contact the Gloucester Emergency Food Cupboard (GEFC) to find out what kind of donations are needed.
3) Advertise the event!
4) Let people know why donations are needed and how the food will be used.
5) Thank all those who participate, and after it’s over, let them know how much food was raised.
6) Deliver the food to the GEFC.
7) Report your volunteer hours.
For more information contact the GEFC!
Do you need a PDF version of this list? Please follow the link: How to do a Food Drive