Help fill the shelves
You can help by donating the items listed below for our shelves.
We believe that food assistance should contribute to improved physical and mental health, so we focus on offering the most nutritious options possible. We work hard to have fresh fruits and vegetables and to offer healthy choices, and your donations help us to do that.
We are very grateful for the support of our network of community gardeners who provide us with fresh garden produce in the summer months.
Our most needed foods:
- Canned fruit (preferably no sugar added)
- Pasta sauce, tomato sauce or paste, and canned tomatoes
- Healthy school snacks (small containers of fruit, applesauce, crackers, nut free granola bars)
- Canned meats (tuna, salmon, chicken, ham)
- Cooking oil
- Canned and dried beans, lentils and chick peas
- Canned vegetables, especially peas and corn
- Cake mixes (we give out for birthdays)
- Large format liquid laundry detergent
- Personal hygiene products (toothpaste, soap, shampoo, toilet paper, tampons, pads)
- Baby food (single ingredient) and diapers (especially size 5 and 6)
- Bags of potatoes, onions, carrots, apples and oranges, bananas
WE ACCEPT DONATIONS ANYTIME DURING OUR REGULAR OFFICE HOURS
Monday 1.00pm – 8.00pm
Tuesday – Friday 9.00am – 4.00pm
Just come to the front door at 2040 Arrowsmith Dr and ring the doorbell for attention.
Please note that we can only accept fresh produce or commercially prepared foods. For safety reasons, we cannot accept home preserved or home canned foods.
We also have an ongoing use for:
- Round, empty margarine and yogurt containers with matching lids
- 2 litre ice cream and margarine containers with matching lids
- Small hard plastic juice and water bottles with caps
- Smaller glass jars up to 750 ml size
- Empty egg cartons – 1 dozen and 1/2 dozen sizes (sorry but we cannot use the 18 or 1 1/2 dozen size)